Publication of Academic Theses
As part of its efforts aiming to encouraging scientific research on the Maghreb in particular and the Muslim West in general (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Mauritania, the Andalusian Studies and the Arab Muslim culture in West Africa …), the Foundation has launched in 2008 a program to support to researchers and publish their academic works.
Application Requirements for 2010
- Applicants should send their works to the Foundation along with their application letters, their resumes and a certified copy of their diploma or their defense certificate and approval of their academic work. The work must have been submitted as a PhD thesis or equivalent and must have been defended during the last five years.
- The field of research must cover, partially or totally, to the present and/or the past of the Maghreb region.
- Works to be selected include only those fulfilled in the fields of Human and Social Sciences (Religion, Philosophy, Psychology, Education Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, History of Art, Linguistics and Literature, Economics, Law, History and Geography, Political Sciences…)
- Accepted research works may be written in Arabic, French, English or Spanish.
- The academic research works meeting the above-mentioned requirements will be selected regardless of the candidate’s nationality and the university or the institution where the work was conducted.
- Application for the current year will take place between October 1st to December 31st, 2010.
Selection Procedure of the Research Works
- A comity made up of professors carries out a preliminary selection among the suggested works.
- The selected works are subjected to the scientific evaluation of specialized professors.
- The names of the winners and the titles of their works are proclaimed at the end of March 2011.
- The winners receive a cash prize of DH 40 000 or equivalent in Euro (for foreigners) in addition to 50 copies of their works which will be published in the collection "abhath" by the Foundation.